Urban Witch Garden

Urban Witch Garden
I love spring. Every year my heart fills with bliss just thinking of its arrival. But this year I was sad. The closer it got the more depressed I became. And worse, I had no idea why. One night I was on the phone with my boyfriend, and all of the sudden, I started crying for no obvious reason."Babe, why don't you plant your garden?" he said."What...?" His suggestion caught me by surprise. "You know I can't plant a garden this year hun. Who's going to take care of it when I go to see you?" I asked him, thinking about my frequent trips to Canada."But dear, you are so sad about it." He pointed out. "It kills me. And... and I feel so damn guilty."I almost said "you are guilty of nothing..." then I stopped when I realized that he was right: I was miserable without my garden. But he was only half right, for it was not his fault. I was the only one to blame. I am an Eclectic Witch, so I should have known that my life without a garden would be like the world without spring.Later that night I apologized to my boyfriend for my blindness. The next morning, I told one of my coworkers not to expect me back for lunch after my last appointment, because I was going to get some seeds."About time," she shouted. "Maybe that will make you shut up about the freaking garden you don't have."I just stared in shock, thinking "did the entire world know?"A couple of hours later, I called a friend from my Drumming Circle to share the recent events. And his reaction gave my previous question an affirmative answer. Yes, the entire world knew. My friend and his wife had started a few extra tomato plants for me. They were just waiting for me "to snap out of it."I went to my friend's house after work and then the real challenge began...
I live in the city, but believe it or not, I have a yard. Nevertheless, I can't plant anything in it because kids in my neighborhood are a bunch of little... creative minds, willing to destroy anything they see flourishing in the name of sick fun. But Nature will not be denied, especially if I give it a hand. So I decided to plant an Urban Witch's Garden-right in my living room.Today, my garden is thriving and I don't even have to go outside to enjoy it. I love the fact that every morning I sit by the window, sipping my French vanilla coffee, in the middle of my garden.I'm only growing a few plants, but that is more than enough for now. I love watching my tomato plant grow in front of my eyes-almost literally. I also have a few ornamental plants, plus a couple of herbs that complement my cooking and my spells. Last week, the rosemary complemented my chicken to perfection! My Urban Witch's Garden made me love spring all over again. Do you get any joy from growing things? Are you growing anything in your backyard? What about your porch? Or may be in your farm? Is there anyone else going wild in their living room? "THE KING OF THE GARDEN!"

Origin: ceremonial-magic.blogspot.com