Broken Rosary

Broken Rosary
Several months ago I made prayer bead necklace, or Pagan rosary for myself. I wear it almost every day, and pray on it, meditate with it, and use it for quick little mental spells frequently - such as sending good fortune to someone or wishing for protection. This morning while having breakfast in the dining room of a hotel I'm staying at, I briefly touched it to check if the clasp was showing in the front and it snapped. The beads flew everywhere so I had to crawl under the table to try to retrieve them all. I think that I saved most, if not all, of them.

It was unsettling since I consider it my strongest and favorite magical tool, so I wanted to ask everyone's opinion on if there is a special meaning behind a broken rosary. Do you think it's an omen? A message? What kind? Or was it just a freak accident?

The strange thing about it breaking now is that I recently had a conversation with someone about necklaces breaking, another conversation about prayer beads in general, and several people have made a point of commenting on my necklace during the past week or two. So it kind of had all this coincidental attention focused on it before deciding to snap.

I am considering restringing it, or possibly incorporating its beads into a new rosary. However, I read on several forums that the breaking of a Catholic rosary might symbolize that someone is sending you negative thoughts or energy and that it should be ritually disposed of. That got me thinking, so I want to consult my fellow Wiccans before reusing the beads.

Feel free to share any of your thoughts!

crossposted