Meeting The Challenge Of A New Idea

Meeting The Challenge Of A New Idea
This morning, I came across the following quote:"Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it." - Hugh Macleod I find this to be true when I consider all the great ideas I have had myself that just fizzled into nothingness. I had never really considered the potential of a new idea to change the power structure of relationships (including the one with my Self) but it rang true. I tested this theory on an an idea for a creative project I've had for a week or two and my oh my... It made me "very "determined to not let this one get away from me. When I reread the quote I realised that it breaks down nicely into a four card tarot spread: * Card one shows me the potential of the new idea * Card two (crossing) shows me where the resistance lies * Card three shows me how I can meet this challenge * Card four shows me how the balance will be changed provided I follow through with the ideaThese four card positions slot nicely into a standard four card spread which I believe can be used to answer pretty much any question. I decided to try reading about a new idea of mine using the Goddess Tarot by Kris Waldherr. I also pulled an additional card from the Anubis Oracle (also illustrated by Kris Waldherr) for further spiritual guidance.The card that represents the potential of this new idea is The Empress. This is my Soul Card and all of a sudden it made so much sense to me why it is so difficult to follow through on creative ideas. The weight of responsibility weighs me down. I need the Emperor energies to help find structure and discipline. There is great potential to create something which nourishes other creatively in turn though and I need to keep my eyes fixed on the desired outcome.The 6 of Pentacles represents the resistance. Here we have the incredibly abundant and helpful 6 of Pentacles. Ugh. I feel slightly embarrassed now. All the external physical conditions are in place so I have nobody to blame but myself for not moving forward. This clearly represents an exchange of energy, i.e. movement in the inter-relational power balance, which is an almost perfect example for what is expressed in the quote above.The card that shows me how to meet this challenge is none other than my Personality Card. In the Goddess Tarot this is Gaia. The traditional astrological correspondence is Saturn - "discipline". Gaia is telling me to ground the idea into reality and Father Time is telling me to stop wasting my time. Alright guys, you can stop chastising me now... I get the message!The result card is my favourite card in the whole deck - The Ace of Cups. And after doing this reading I know on a very deep level "why "this card is my favourite card. It represents why I chose to incarnate this time. If I rise to this challenge, then perhaps (the gods willing), there will be no stopping my creative flow... It will be a fountain of joy that never dries up; an expression of joy and devotion that spreads in the world like rings on water. For further spiritual guidance I got "Entering the Mystery" from the Anubis Oracle. In this card the Seeker is represented by the White Dove (a symbol often associated with the Ace of Cups). The Goddesses present are Mut, Nephthys and Isis. I feel very blessed and protected by them. According to the companion book by Nicky Scully and Linda Star Wolf, pulling this card means:"Something new and perhaps surprising is happening in your life, requiring you to take a chance or plunge deeply into the unknown. You have all the support and guidance you need."I adore how this last card dovetailed with the four cards in the main reading! "The pain of making the necessary sacrifices always hurts more than you think it's going to. I know. It sucks. That being said, doing something seriously creative is one of the most amazing experiences one can have, in this or any other lifetime. If you can pull it off, it's worth it. Even if you don't end up pulling it off, you'll learn many incredible, magical, valuable things. It's NOT doing it when you know you full well you HAD the opportunity- that hurts FAR more than any failure." - Hugh Macleod

Reference: magical-poetry.blogspot.com