Need Help With Overbearing Boss

Need Help With Overbearing Boss

Hello Everyone-

I have been dealing with an extremely forceful and overbearing boss at work and I want to remain true to my Catholic faith and treat him with love and compassion. I pray earnestly and daily for God to help me see my boss with the loving eyes that Jesus sees for him. It is getting increasingly hard and I don't know how to stand up for myself and my needs as a human being and also be a compassionate, caring Christian. I'd appreciate any help you could give. I'd also appreciate any prayers you could send up for me as I go through this very challenging time for me as a Christian living in our ever-more secular world. Below is a little bit of what's been going on.

I work as the head special education teacher at a high school and our school district hired a new principal last summer. He has been ruthless in rooting out anyone who stands in his path. He has never said anything negative about my work. However, each time that I have a disagreement or want to simply address an issue that I'm having with him, I have been yelled at; forcefully told that I am accusing him; called a liar; called two-faced; and now generally been shut out of being able to make any decisions related to my job. This has never happened to me before in my entire eleven year career. I have always excelled at my job and worked tirelessly to help those students who are disabled to find a way to navigate public high school. It is a very stressful and difficult job in itself. Each day, I pray for the students, for my boss and the school. I pray specifically to be able to be brave enough to continue to kindly and professionally address issues that have arisen that I feel need attention. I almost feel like he easily takes advantage of my kindness and my charity. I don't generally make a scene, although he has made me cry several times, both at school and at home.

If anyone has any advice as to how I can continue to handle this situation with Christ's love, but also not allowing a powerful boss to take away my dignity, I'd truly appreciate any help and/or any prayers.

God Bless.



Source: pagan-magic.blogspot.com