Eat Sleep Meditate And Poo

Eat Sleep Meditate And Poo
There are some meditation retreats that cater to people who want a smooth entrance, i.e.: Shambhala where, to my surprise, during a Dathun (month long retreat), meditators were able to have sex (provided they first "confessed"), smoke (in designated areas) and eat meat. Not that there is anything wrong with that, when I took this retreat in Colorado a few years ago that was exactly what I needed, a gentle introduction.

One time I tried visiting the Transcendental Meditation place in New York City, but nobody would talk to me unless I paid an amount whose exactitude escapes my memory but that was north of 1000 dollars, not for me. Then I also tried other Buddhist traditions which titillated me with rituals and chants, and I liked them.I suppose however, that it gets to a point when one wants to get into "hard core meditation", into a serious, strong practice, and for that I have not found anything more effective than Vipassana.My latest post at Elephant goes over 15 reasons why I think Vipassana is the best meditation technique out there. FOR THE REST GO HERE and by the way, would like to hear what you think.

(picture)



Origin: alchemy-and-alchemists.blogspot.com