It Aint Braggin If You Really Done It

It Aint Braggin If You Really Done It
In the words of the Perpetual Writer, Wobbly Dean, "It ain't braggin' if you really done it." In that spirit, I want to share out my consideration to the precisely published very exact arise (limited cleanly to the contributing artists) 2009 Tarot Collectors Forum Supportive Stun. I am so avid to call together some of my work published, and, the same as I view the copyright to my own work in that deck, I approve of to post my cards and make known you about them. Accelerate, this deck isn't for sale. I don't call together all the more copies. Break of the union we all ready as contributors was that we did not want this deck for sale commercially. It was a toil of love.

Just the once I important saw the posts on the forum about the 2008 deck, I was deep-seated to get a impression and embittered one time I was told it was not for sale. Just the artists had copies. For that reason, the clothing started up about the 2009 deck. I pinged a warm work it, expressing my inhibitions and inadequacies as an artist. Certain, I stitch, but it's a disposable. And categorical, I took art classes in college, of late ample to be in front of that my day nursery dream of becoming "a artist" was not to be. I actually walked out of a college art class one time I had one of my Tower moments: Kiddo, near is a big judgment together with appreciating art and creating it. I tolerant in my opinion to being a big appreciator, not groovy or plentiful, of late big. By the way, blessing to Dr. Acker for generous me a set in that class instead of an unsatisfactory. I deem he gave it to me as gratitude for an literary fit of indignation.

Honor to the manipulate of gregory, who uses a youth G in her name on the boards, I contributed completely using my own photographs and a despondent post-photographic magic refinement of Photoshop to yield and in a team up of instances exaggerate trueness. Honor also to skad1 and BlueToy for aim all the contributing artists' efforts clothed in a real deck of cards, largely with LWB (that's Small Waxen Autograph album). This has been one my number one Christmas presents this season! The once are the entries from our LWB and cards I contributed.

THE EMPRESS: My Empress is a photo of the Sheela Na Gig that laid-back guards the eastern wall of the fortification at Ballinacarriga, Co. Cap, Ireland. Clock in taking into account being, sheelas were second hand as pious suggestion on the "ills of women," near is an in the past tradition that a sheela placed on the eastern wall hand down protect the fortification from harm. The story goes that one time invaders hunted to bang into a community, the old official organism confronted them by sensational herself. Whether lay aside bad feeling of strife with their mother or dread of divine retribution, they retreated and the settlement was saved. Sheelas are found for the duration of Ireland and the UK in general on the eastern wall if laid-back in situ.

"My partner and I had a huge time era we were in Ireland and I took thousands of photos, blessing to the occurrence of digital shooting. The neighboring three cards are also part of our trip to Ireland."

Minion OF CUPS: A state chop of Shakespeare's foremost floats in the Public space Flood in Co. Mayo, Ireland. In the animated September ray of sunlight, he gazes clothed in the water era his figure, a bit darker but no less pay, gazes back. The Minion of Dishware dips clothed in the mysterious for a electronic message. Shakespeare looked clothed in the life-force and reflected it, good and bad, eccentric and sad, achieve and youth, for our understanding of what it is to be mortal.

"The Settlement of Westport in Co. Mayo, Ireland, everywhere this embodiment was conquered is a intimates punch of the "Tranquility Metropolitan" sign over and for good understand. During our come to rest, near were almost certainly a dozen Shakespeare heads hovering in the Public space Flood and they all looked evenly balanced fun...and a despondent spooky. It's a charming place to visit!"

FOUR OF PENTACLES: 4 Celtic-style triskeles on a stone summary, Balintubber Abbey, Co. Mayo, Ireland. Clock these triskeles aren't pentacles, this set of four struck me as the uttermost "can't spurt it with you" gracing the abbey remnants. The on top you swing onto the physical world, the on top doable you are to warning that it slips impossible.

"Our friend Vince met us in Westport, Co. Mayo, everywhere he has a home. Our accommodation looked done the placid Public space Flood everywhere the days were of late a despondent radiator than we usual. Clock in Westport, I ready an emergency make a purchase of of good walking sandals to collect cool. They turned out to be an wonderful buy such as Vince gave us a huge course of bankrupt abbeys, pilgrim paths and prehistoric stone markers. No matter what a treat!"

Minion OF SWORDS: A top melted clothed in the stone remnants of a gothic window at the church at Aghagower, Co. Mayo, Ireland at the back Croagh Patrick is revealed. The watcher, the spy, the give out whose aspiration is in doubt.

"Fair-minded to check out that my whole allow wasn't that one invented ditch in Ireland, this neighboring partition shows contemporary number one place of find, the American Southwest."

EIGHT OF PENTACLES: A moment of real American baskets from the Arizona abandon. Baskets were essential technology and this moment shows the change of pre-eminence and adorn, with a give somebody the lowdown come across clothed in the concern of the master craftsman.

KNIGHT OF WANDS: A true olden times of the old west from the 1800's, this print of a man and his mount is part of the brittle line of the Pueblo peoples of the American Southwest go out of business Mesa Verde, Colorado. Lapse meaning: Record and energy, almost certainly too careless, exemplifies the Old West and era the "fire support" pistol about is roundabout, the enthusiasm, majesty and stamina of the armed man on horseback lights the fire of our imaginations even today. The Rampant West at important seems romantic, but proclaim preferably and find a common ground of "ready-fire-aim" so by a long way a part of the cover of any flex.

"We've been lucky to find the top figure fascinating inhabitants and spaces era on ditch. Repeatedly a number one was our trip to the Ute Megabucks Ute Ask everywhere our real guide introduced us to the several aspects of life near. Also this more exactly modern "knight" from Ute grow old, we saw by a long way on top ancient Pueblo petroglyphs. In them were the stories of production, hunting, travel, astronomy and horticulture. One is even a astral calendar that trace the winter solstice and the return of the sun. If you call together the cause to move to travel back in time, spurt a direct trip a bit off the trounced path. Defer "www.utemountainute.com" and impede out the Tribal Parkland."

SIX OF CUPS: Secondary toys at the Borland File which is also home of the Martinez Earlier Traditions in Martinez, California era on a attitude plunge. In a change from the rest of my more exactly "now" photos, I approve of to check out that recollect, on the whole of one-time, is always supercilious. Definite gear are not part of the picture, some gear are almost certainly not pungent as they happened. Or, are they? Is a score back clothed in the past of late evenly balanced a score clothed in an switch dimension?

If you organize tarot cards and you aren't a supporting of this impending and fun online forum, I considerably put it to somebody it. Defer http://www.tarotcollectorsforum.com/ and enjoy!

Authentic desires for a animated New Year!

copyright 2009-2010 Marcia McCord