Hail To All Things Bright And Beautiful

Hail To All Things Bright And Beautiful
Every year on the morning of the winter solstice, I rise before dawn (an extreme rarity I can assure you), and sit outside in the cold. I pour a glass of orange juice into my chalice and sip it slowly, toasting the return of the light. Before me is a big juicy orange, cut into two that mimics the solar globe peaking above the horizon. The crows squawk at me. They're probably suspicious and wonder what could stir me so early.

As I sip my juice in silence, I think of the bright promise that this year will bring. So much joy has come into my life already that it is almost unimaginable. But I will not limit myself. This morning, I remind myself that I am worthy. That the bounty of the gods and the joy they bring is limited only by the barriers I put up around me. Why would I not ask for joy and prosperity? Why would I not ask for all things bright and beautiful? When we join the gods in cooperation, when we co-create with them, we find that we are deserving of all that we desire. When I ask for more, I have more to give to you. We can all stand in power, because there is plenty of power to share.

From all things bright and beautiful, the Child of Promise is born. The Great Mother spills her blessing upon the Earth and we are showered in a celebration of sparkling brilliance. The light is limitless and fills all hearts. It spills over the sides and kisses all things.

There is room in my circle for you. There are cakes and ale and laughter and I have plenty to share. Will you accept this gift?

Source: crafty-witch.blogspot.com