How Do You Make A Custom Magic Spell

How Do You Make A Custom Magic Spell
Detail from a custom magic spell.

Custom orders are my favorite. When you order a magic spell I can tailor the magic specifically to your need. This can make it incredibly direct and meaningful for you, and gives me a chance to help SOLVE A PROBLEM-which is what magicians do.

But where do we start?

YOUR PERSONAL MAGE


When you order a custom piece I'll have questions for you. The most important thing to me is to understand your problem perfectly, so that everything I do directly addresses your situation. For example, let's say you order a money spell card. I might ask:

+ Are you employed? Are you hoping to get a new job? Are you actively searching, or just getting started?

+ Do you have a business? What kind? What's holding your company back?

+ Is there a specific need for money right now, like an unexpected expense?

+ What else have you tried?

We'll email back and forth as I gather details about your situation.

DESIGNING AN ENCHANTMENT


The next part is tricky. I have to take all your answers-everything you want-and distill it down to a single, clear purpose. To get results, magic must be precise.

This happens to be a specialty of mine.

I will spend time in meditation on your spell before I name its purpose. I will whisper to my familiars. Together, we create a single, short purpose for which to enchant. I'll send this to you to make sure you approve. Most clients get surprised at this point, because the purpose speaks to them.

Here's an example:


Not just clarity in your personal life, not just an inner eye. You want the awareness to see far outside your situation and so you can change it.

An alchemical eye for an alchemical mind.

The client approved this purpose and I created her custom spell panel, THE ALCHEMICAL EYE.

CASTING THE SPELL


Once we know what spell we're casting I set about designing it. This means choosing the right potions to mix in the paint, but far more important it means designing the sigil itself.

My artwork is designed around a key magical sigil. These designs aren't invented whole cloth. I draw on a lexicon of traditional magical symbols that have been used in many cases since the Middle Ages. These include traditional geomantic, astrological and alchemical sigils as well as early modern variants. I may also work in the names of spirits, spirits' personal sigils, or letters from the written purpose of your spell itself.

Each of these has to be woven together. Two, five or a dozen sigils and letters combine to make your unique symbol. I do this partly by consulting my familiars and partly through sheer artistry. I might sketch thirty or more sigils before finding the right one. When it's right, I know it immediately: it leaps off the page.

Then I start painting, and prepare the offerings for the enchantment ritual.

REAL MAGIC SPELLS


A real magic spell is something you FEEL when you look at it or handle it. It will have a noticeable effect, a certain energy radiating off of it. The pieces I make are not trinkets or dollar store charms. They are handmade vessels of magic.

If you want to order your own spell, I offer two kinds:



SPELL CARDS


Small enough to fit in your pocket or hide in a book. The spell goes with the card wherever you take it. You can even give it to someone else and they'll get the benefit.

[Order] 38 (free shipping)

SPELL PANELS


A potent glyph radiates magic over your home. Handmade paper, tattered edges, and a vivid magic sigil made just for you. Makes a great gift for someone you love. Fits a standard 5 x 7 frame (not included).

[Order] 54 (free shipping)

It's a pleasure to be your magician.



Reference: just-wicca.blogspot.com