Post Yule Pagan Decor Update

Post Yule Pagan Decor Update
So the last of the family left this morning and life post Yule season settles back into the regular routines as of tomorrow.Before I start cleaning (I don't want to, please don't make me), I thought I'd share some of my holiday pagan inspired touches because I've been sneaking stars everywhere! These are my fav additions so far:Star garlands for the dining roomMy sister in law came over and helped me cut tons of these stars, which I then sewed together into garlands. Don't ask about the tangled mess they became in the short distance between my craft room to the dining room. It's a mystery to me!Star tree topperTraditionally in my family we've always had a bulb like thing on the top of our tree, so the star is a big change up for me. I know, it's the little things that don't seem like much but that actually are...Also in keeping with my subversive pagan undertones added into my Yule time decor are our stocking holders, which are deer and make me think of the Horned God.I like the idea of infusing my holiday decor with subtle reminders that keep the season sacred for me, but not necessarily in an over the top way that needs to be shared with everyone. For me, much of my spirituality is about the subtle stuff, the things that remind me that the God and Goddess are with us in even the smallest, subtlest of ways. That's my thing and I dig it because ironically I find that I remember the sacred more when it manifests in the minutiae. But I might be the exception to the rule...

Origin: magical-poetry.blogspot.com